- Checked out from the Sevana Guesthouse in Kandy and headed to the Kandy bus station to catch bus from Kandy to Anuradhapura - the ancient city.
- We found the bus surprisingly easily and decided to take AC "luxury" bus (more expensive than the regular, we paid 360 rupies each). Travel time was 3 and half hours.
AC luxury bus from Kandy to Anuradhapura
- Arrived to Anuradhapura old town bus station around 2 pm.
- Took Tuk-tuk for 200 rupies to our guesthouse Travel Lodge Lake View Tourist Resort which we booked the day before for 3000 rupies per night, breakfast included.
- The Guesthouse owner arranged for us a Tuk-tuk ride to Mihintale for 2000 rupies.
- Mihintale is a place on a hill where Buddhism was introduced to Sri Lanka for first time. Therefore, it is sacred place for locals. It is very beautiful place with amazing views and very charming atmosphere. We enjoyed it very much and spend there the whole afternoon.
Video: Mihintale - view from Meditation rock
- We finished the day with amazing dinner in our guesthouse. I must say this was probably the best dinner we had in Sri Lanka. It was traditional chicken rice and curry with many sides.