- Unfortunatelly there is no direct bus from Nuwara Eliya to Arugam Bay
- we took early bus from Nuwara Eliya to Wellawaya (apprx 2 hours and 200 rupees each), changed to bus to Monaragala (travel time 1 hour, price 50 rupees)
- We had to wait for bus to Arugam Bay in Monaragala for 2 hours and witnessed small fight between two local political parties. Some locals explained to us that they are fighting about which bus go to Arugam Bay first - the governmentally owned or the privatly owned one. The bus ride was long and the bus was fully packed (travel time around 3 hours, price 250 rupees each).
Monaragala bus station
- We arrived to Arugam Bay late afternoon and started to look for some place to sleep.
- After seeing few places we decided to stay in Nice Place (The lady running the place was very nice and offered us discount - we paid 2800 rupees per night).
- We walked along the shore in the evening and planned the next day program.
Arugam bay beach
- Finished the day with great dinner in our guesthouse - traditional rice and curry - fish and chicken