- we got tuk-tuk to the bus station in the morning for 300 rupees
- took bus from Polonnaruwa to Dambulla - travel time was around 2 hours, costed us 200 rupees for both
- arrived in Dambulla around noon.
- checked-in to Avinka Holiday Home.
- walked 10 minutes to Cave temples in Dambulla (entrance fee 1500 rupees each).
- Climbed up to the cave temples which were carved to the rock in 1st century BC and spent afternoon there.
In front of the cave temples in Dambulla
Video: Dambulla cave temples - Cave Maharaja Vihara
- had dinner in the town - fish with rice (paid 1200 rupees for both). Nice change from all the Rice and curry meals we had.